Wednesday, March 5th an orientation for new board members was held at VBAS.
Bonnie Crawford, Pat Jackson and Peter Bruggink attended the very informative discussion.
Beverly Peluso, BSN, our school nurse, Cindi Miles, ID Services Coordinator, Cheryl Bell, LEA Coordinator, Kathy Brooks, Case Management Supervisor, Kay Nicholas, Early Intervention, and Steven Hines, Transportation Supervisor shared information about their departments.
Did you know…..
Our case managers provide help with individuals far beyond the walls and campus of VBAS; taking individuals shopping, to doctors appointments, etc
- Our Early Intervention Program serves children from birth to 3 years old in their homes.
- VBAS sends 12 buses each weekday to pick up our individuals; our buses travel over 1,000 miles daily and use 1,000 gallons of gas every 8 working days !!
- Our LEA department currently serves 26 students from ages 3-21, in 4 classrooms with 4 teachers and aides.
- VBAS has 4 adult programs and a greenhouse. All of these programs meet individuals at their learning level and the goal of all programs is to help our individuals be as independent as possible.
- Our school nurse not only serves our individuals medical needs, she teaches CPR to our staff and manages our Sensory Room.